Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation (PCNAF) Young Women’s Scholarship Program for the 2018/2019 has been announced and application form is out. All members of the public and most importantly, interested applicants are hereby informed.
PCNAF hereby invites, from members of the entire public, suitably qualified candidates to apply for the 2018/19 PCNAF Young Women’s Scholarship programme. See full details below.
PCNAF Young Women’s Scholarship 2018/2019
Any female college student of Nigerian heritage is eligible to apply for a PCNAF Young Women’s Scholarship Program if she:
- Has an international student visa (F1)
- Is enrolled as a full time student at a participating institution
- Will begin her junior or senior year at the university in the fall of 2018, or will complete community college and enter a participating university as a full time student in the fall of 2018
- Has an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Has a documented need for financial assistance
Partner Colleges/UniversitiesStudents attending the following institutions can apply:
- University of the District of Columbia
- Prince Georges Community College
- Baltimore City Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Morgan State University
- Coppin State University
- Bowie State University
- Montgomery College
- University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Towson University
- College of Southern Maryland
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Northern Virginia Community College
Instructions for Completing the Application
Application packages for the PCNAF Young Women’s Scholarship Program must include a completed scholarship application, an official academic transcript (most recent), the Financial Aid Worksheet, copy of the international student visa, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, a letter of recommendation from someone outside the educational institution, and responses (150-
200 words) to each of the three essay questions.
All application materials must be received by May 16, 2018.
1. File a request for an official transcript with your registrar’s office. The transcript should be returned directly to you and mailed to the Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation along with your application package.
2. Complete Part I of the Financial Aid Worksheet. Your financial aid office must complete Part II of the form and return it directly to you.
3. Complete Sections A and B of this form. All responses (except signatures) must be typed or printed.
4. Make copies of the pages from your passport documenting your international student status.
5. Your application package must contain a signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member and someone outside of the educational institution who knows you well in a personal and/or professional capacity. Professional
recommendations from outside the educational institution must be written on business stationery.
6. Before mailing your application package, make sure that you have included all required documents. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Once you have gathered the required documents, mail the completed package to:
Mr. Albert Hannans
Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation
c/o 10462 Kelso Court
Waldorf, MD 20603
The deadline for receipt of all materials of the PCNAF Young Women’s Scholarship Program is May 16, 2018.
If you have questions call: 301-632-5895.
Best of luck from NGScholars!!!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.