Federal Polytechnic, Bida – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointments into the vacant position of:
Job Position: Polytechnic Librarian
* The Librarian is a Principal Ofﬁcer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Polytechnic Library.
* Frames the overall Library Policy, Personal contacts and liaises with departments.
* Prepares Library budgets.
*Responsible for establishing Policy of Library exchange.
* Engaging in matters of common interest.
* Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Rector.
* Applicant should possess Ph.D with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience or MLS with 18 years post qualification cognate experience with evidence of registration with Professional Library body.
* Also, there must be evidence of Journal Publication, Seminar/Conference papers.
*Candidate must have produced at least 12 Journals and 21 Conference/Seminar papers or ﬁve Chapters in Standard Textbook (s) or two test books.
* Evidence of Community Service is very important.
* Qualified candidate for this position would be placed on CONTEDISS 15 plus other allowances and conditions of service as applicable in other similar Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 20 copies of their typewritten applications and curriculum vitae (including relevant credentials) and addressed to:
P.M.B. 55, Bida,
In addition, applicants are required to request their three referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to reach the Registrar before the closing date.
NB: Only candidates who are short-listed for interview will be communicated. Candidate below the post of Chief Librarian in Tertiary Institutions need not apply.