PRESSID Application for 2015/2016 is out. Interested and equally qualified persons can enter for the Presidential Special Scholarship Award for 2015/16. As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 28 universities in the world. To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development.
2015/2016 Presidential Special Scholarship Award (PRESSID)
The PRESSID Implementation Committee now invites applications from qualified candidates for the third edition of the scheme (2015/2016 academic session)
Eligibility Criteria for the PRESSID 2015/2016 Scheme
Interested candidates who want to apply for the Presidential Special Scholarship Award should:
- be graduates from the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2014;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
Exceptions from the General PRESSID Requirements
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations; In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2014;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
Click the following link to view the list of top 28 universities in the world. You are advised to cross check with the courses offered by your preferred institution before completing your application.
How to apply for the PRESSID 2015/2016 Awards
Persons who want to apply for the Presidential Special Scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic year should go to the scholarships website – http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/, and click on the Apply at the top of the page. Scroll down and click on “Click here to apply link”.
PRESS ID APPLICATION WARNING:
1. You are required to apply only once for the 2015/2015 Presidential Special scholarship. You will be DISQUALIFIED if you apply twice.
2. DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON WHILE APPLYING.
Click on the GET YOUR PIN button to generate your PIN for the application. PLEASE KEEP PIN SAFE AS IT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR UPDATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE APPLICATION EXERCISE.
Application Closing date:
All applications for the 2015/2016 Presidential Special Scholarship Award (PRESSID) must be submitted not later than 18th October, 2014 (18/10/2014).
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.