2018/2019 PTDF scholarship application for undergraduates in Nigerian universities (federal) has started. Eligible persons can now start completing the PTDF scholarship form online.
Applications are invited for the 2018/19 Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship for undergraduate awards in Nigerian Federal Universities.
About PTFD Scholarship Awards for Undergrads
2018/19 PETROLEUM TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT FUND (PTDF) SCHOLARSHIP FOR UNDERGRADUATE AWARDS IN NIGERIAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2018/19 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
Instruction To Candidates
Application is restricted to Federal Universities only
- Possession of valid admission letter into the University is compulsory for all applicants
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields will be considered and the final selection shall be based on the grades on their transcripts
- Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all category of applications
- The scholarship is highly competitive and merit driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship Application Requirements (Eligibility for Selection)
A). (LSS) Undergraduate:
- Applicants must be full time students in any of the Federal Universities
- Applicants must be in their second year of study
- Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry
- Students must have been admitted into the University in 2017/18 academic year only
- Possess 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4 which is equivalent to 2.1 in the first year for the 2017/18 batch of students
- Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study
Undergraduate applicants who meet the above requirements are to upload the following documents:
- Evidence of statement of WAEC/SSCE/NECO results with at least 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics
- Letter of admission into the University
- First year academic transcript(s)
- Evidence of state of origin and local government
- Personal statement of a minimum of 100 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study
- Recent passport photograph
How To Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
Application for the PTDF Scholarship for undergraduate students is online. Online application form can be accessed from the APPLICATION WEBSITE: www.ptdf.gov.ng at no cost to applicants.
Instructions on how to access the online form is stated on the PTDF website. Applicants are advised to read through the requirements before applying.
To start the application process, applicants are required to key-in their email address and select a password for a pin to be generated. The generated pin would enable applicants to access the form and complete their bio data.
You can get started with your application here:- http://ptdf.flexisaf.com
Application Closing Date
Application will open from Monday, October 8 to Friday, November 16, 2018 for 6 weeks.