PZ Cussons is inviting applications for the 2014 PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge. Interested and qualified applicants for the programme are advised to read the guidelines and procedures below:
About the Program
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge was initiated in 2013 by the PZ Cussons Foundation to stimulate, inspire and reward the study of science and chemistry in particular among senior Secondary school students. Chemistry is a dynamic and interesting discipline that cuts across all areas of human lives. It is the central science that is deeply ingrained in Health Care, Engineering, Business, Management, Government, Marketing, Product Development, Environmental Management and even Law.
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge 2014
In view of this central and important role, PZ Cussons is promoting the study of chemistry through open competition amongst Nigerian secondary schools. The primary objective of the competition is to stimulate and inspire the learning of Chemistry amongst students and raise their IQ. It is to also demonstrate the relevance and role of chemistry in our society.
- • The Champion will be crowned along with his/her teacher, parents and school in a special award ceremony with principal officers from Premier and other relevant stakeholders. The competition shall be in three stages; First Stage, Second Stage and the Main Challenge.
• The First stage shall be a written quiz and all screened candidates shall participate at this stage.
• The Second stage shall also be a written quiz and only the best 100 from the first stage shall qualify for the stage.
• The Final stage which is the Main Challenge shall be the battle of the guns. Only the best four from the Second stage shall qualify for the Finals.
• Only those who understand Chemistry as a discipline and how it relates to the real world will stand a chance to be crowned the 2014 Champion. Who would that be?
Stage 1 (All Participants)
The First stage shall be a written quiz and all screened candidates shall participate at this stage.
Prizes: General gifts
Stage 2 (100 Participants)
The Second stage shall also be a written quiz and only the best 100 from the first stage shall qualify for the stage.
Prizes: Certificate of Merit and general gifts.
Final Stage (4 Participants)
The Final stage is the Main Challenge, it shall be the battle of the guns. Only the best four from the Second stage shall qualify for the Finals. Only those who understand Chemistry as a discipline and how it relates to the real world will stand a chance to be crowned the 2014 Champion. Who would that be?
Prizes: Cash Awards + Gifts.
- • Students of Chemistry in SS2 or SS3.
• Endorsement of School Principal.
• Open to Students in Lagos State only.
• Entry is free.
- 1st Prize: N700,000 and a Laptop.
2nd Prize: N500,000 and a Laptop.
3rd Prize: N400,000 and a Laptop.
4th Prize: N300,000 and a Laptop.
- 1st Prize: N100,000.
2nd Prize: N80,000.
3rd Prize: N70,000.
4th Prize: N60,000.
- 1st Prize: N100,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
2nd Prize: N80,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
3rd Prize: N70,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
4th Prize: N60,000 worth of Chemistry Books.
And lots of consolation prizes including cash prizes of N50,000 each for the 5th to 10th positions.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2014.
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified applicant should: Click here to download and print the registration form
• Complete the form, and ensure that it is duly signed or stamped by your Parent/Guardian and Principal/Authorized Personnel.
• Scan your completed form and send to: [email protected]
Click here for more information
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.