The Management of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) informs of the Registrar position is due to be vacant on the 4th of September 2016, And would like interested applicants to apply for the position.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria vide the NOU Act of 1983. The mission of the University, as a dedicated single mode open and distance learning institution, is to make education available to as many people as are sufficiently prepared, able and willing to benefit from the various levels of education provided through the distance learning mode.
Qualifications and Requirements For The Post Of Registrar at NOUN
The candidate for the post of Registrar must possess a good earned honours degree from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, preferably in an institution of higher learning. Possession of higher degree(s), professional qualifications and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage. The candidate is also expected to:
1. Not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar;
2. Show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
3. Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans, should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment and should be within the sixty-five (65) years retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure;
4. Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
5. Possess personal integrity, demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff, students and other members of the University Community;
6. Be computer literate and have a good working understanding of communication by internet
7. Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, processes and practices.
Terms And Conditions Of Service Applicable To The Post
The Post of Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
How To Apply Post Of Registrar
1. The application for the Post of Registrar, includes the candidate’s detailed curriculum vitae duly signed should be made in thirty (30) copies. The curriculum vitae must contain the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainments, nationality,professional and academic achievements.
2. The application for the Post of Registrar should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Registrar: Referee’s Report, with name of candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
3. The application for the Post of Registrar and referees’ reports should be submitted within six (6) weeks from the date of this publication under confidential cover, and addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria
University Village, Plot 91, Cadastral Zone
NnamdiAzikiwe Expressway, Jabi FCT, Abuja
The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results.
This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.