Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) are looking for young, social network savvy, fresh graduates to apply as Social Media Marketing Interns at HCDC. The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern an opportunity to work closely with key members of staff, and clients. This role will be instrumental in increasing the company’s social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients.
Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results.
The organization build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels.
Requirements for the Position of of Social Media Marketing Intern at HCDC
All applicants applying for the intern position should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of First degree from a recognized institution
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Professional demeanour
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines.
The position of Social Media Marketing Intern at HCDC entails the following responsibilities:
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter,
- LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content
- Increase the number of followers and likes on company social media accounts
- Customer engagement on company social media accounts
- Posting update of company social media accounts
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to date
- Work with line-manager to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc.)
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting and social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Drive awareness of new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Set up and manage a company Instagram and Flickr account and post interesting photos
- Upload and manage company blog posts in WordPress (initially under supervision).
- Repurpose content from other sources for own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly, statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics
- Use Google Reader to follow the blogs and content of our competitors and key clients
- Use the company’s HootSuite account to create lists of followers and to schedule tweets so that they are continuously pushed out
How to Apply
To apply for the positio of Social Media Marketing Intern, click here
All applications for the Intern position should be submitted before May 21, 2016.
We wish you the best of luck in your applications!