Total Nigeria PLC is recruiting job seekers for the position of ‘Environment Operations Engineer’ for its branch in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. All members of the general public as well as interested persons are hereby informed.
Total Nigeria Plc, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for full time appointments into the vacant position below in its Port Harcourt branch. See the application details as we as all necessary information below.
Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Environment Operations Engineer
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Find below, the details of the Total Nigeria Plc job recruitment for Environment Operations Engineer:
Offer ID: 12640BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment type: Regular position
Environment Management System/ISO 14001 Certification Driver:
- Ensures regular review and maintenance of the all Environmental Aspect and Environmental Legal Registers
- Ensures significant environmental concerns are cascaded to the environment objectives and environmental management plan
- Maintains Environmental Procedures including the Aspect Procedure, Environmental Management plan, Environmental Improvement Plan, Environment Monitoring Procedure, and Environment Record Procedure, oil spill contingency plans , and to organise and participate in exercise/audits to ensure the effectiveness of the plans.
- Liaises with field operations to develop, facilitate review and maintenance of the procedures and systems in line with the ISO 14001 requirements including the competence assessment system, site document control, corrective action, Health Safety & Environment (HSE) communication procedures.
- Plans and participates in site environmental audits, and to monitor, follow-up and assess any agreed corrective recommendations as well as ensuring their implementation.
- Reviews and maintains implementation of Environment Management Systems training for site personnel and management
- Maintains ISO 14001 Certification of Company facilities (offices, bases, onshore/offshore operational sites).
Oil Spill Management:
- Liaises with all relevant entities on Oil Spill Preparedness and Response.
- Liaises with DPR, FMENV, NOSDRA and other regulators to ensure compliance in oil spill related matters.
- Ensures weathering test, trajectory monitoring and environmental sensitivity studies are carried out and results from these tests form the basis of oil spill plan reviews and improvement
- Ensures that contracts are in place for the removal and treatment of waste from operational sites
- Ensures that waste procedures and equipment are provided to facilitate segregation of waste on site
- Ensures waste audits at the contractors sites and onboard operational fields.
- Ensures that contractors are accredited and waste treatment facilities are approved by the DPR and FMENV
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting:
- Facilitates the weekly monitoring on-board the FPSOs by third party consultants
- Facilitates joint monitoring visits with DPR, FMENV and other regulatory agencies.
- Carries out feedback report to field asset operation on the environmental compliance status of site operations
- Carries out audits at the contractors sites
- Collates and submits periodic reports on various subjects required to relevant parties (Head Office, technical entities, authorities, etc)
Environmental Permits, Regulations and Compliance:
- Verifies and follow-up delivery of appropriate environmental authorisations, permits and consents needed for conducting operations
- Represents the Company in relations with authorities and other operators on environmental matters
- Provides advice to Line Managers to enable them undertake their activities in conformance with statutory requirements and applicable regulations
Activity leader/Pilot for Maestro principle (Health Safety & Environment Management System)
- Ensures that improvement plan is defined
- Liaises with Maestro Champion to implementation of improvement action plan
- Follows up the Maestro actions in Company incident and action management database (synergi).
- Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering and related Sciences
- Minimum of 5 -10 years work experience in environmental management activities for offshore and onshore engineering, construction and production of oil and gas.
- Recognised Environmental Management qualification
- Experience in EMS implementation, environment studies, operations, reporting, waste management and oil spill management
- Sound knowledge in Environment and Safety matters, e;g; legislations, codes of practice, etc.
- Good business orientation, strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Good analytical skills and a keen sense of reality.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Visit: www.careers.total.com, If the page defaults in French Click on “English” at the top of the page to change the larguage.
- On the navigation bar Click ‘APPLY TO TOTAL’
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference.
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria.
- Select your job preference to view details of the job.
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details In the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email ONLY
- State of Origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study.
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
- All application forms must be completed online as we are unable to process paper applications.
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application per position as multiple applications may result in cancellation of the application.
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.