Total Nigeria PLC is recruiting job seekers for the position of ‘Senior Buyer‘ for its branch in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. All members of the general public as well as interested persons are hereby informed.
Total Nigeria Plc, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for full time appointments into the vacant position below in its Port Harcourt branch. See the application details as we as all necessary information below.
Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Senior Buyer
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Find below, the details of the Total Nigeria Plc job recruitment for Senior Buyer:
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Offer ID: 12653BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment type: Regular position
- The Job holder adheres to Company Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) rules
The job holder ensures compliance with guidelines:
- Ensures compliance of the purchasing process with all internal Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation.
- Ensures the application of Company General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipments
- Ensures good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc. are archived in line with the applicable procedures.
- Ensures that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
The job holder liaises with Partners and contributes to the work processes and deliverables of the purchasing entity:
- Prepares Contract Committee documents and participate with partners and duets for the presentation of Recommendation To Award while ensuring efficiency of the process
- Follow-up, analyze and know the markets, participate to the follow-up, and evaluation of suppliers with partners from different disciplines
- Contributes to reporting Key Performance Indicators for the purchasing activities of his/her team
- Uses and enriches Market Intelligence information,
- Engages in good use of SAP and other e-sourcing tools
- Identifies or participate tin Best Practices, proposes Return on Experience to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilizes frame agreements signed by headquarters
The Job holder ensures the proper execution of purchasing operations by performing the following activities:
- Organizes and leads negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs
- Analyses all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorisations and cost centres to which the purchases are being charged
- Reviews all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compiles tender packages and organizes call for tender / request for quotation
- Answers to tenderers requests for clarification
- Studies, compares and evaluates offers in order to have the most economical and contractually advantageous conditions
- Pays attention to Company general conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- Purchasing Key User
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- At least 8 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry with very good knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting company purchases in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Visit: www.careers.total.com, If the page defaults in French Click on “English” at the top of the page to change the larguage.
- On the navigation bar Click ‘APPLY TO TOTAL’
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference.
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria.
- Select your job preference to view details of the job.
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details In the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email ONLY
- State of Origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study.
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- All application forms must be completed online as we are unable to process paper applications.
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application per position as multiple applications may result in cancellation of the application.