Apply now for the 2022 Turkiye scholarships for international students, applications close February 20th.
The Turkish Government offers scholarships for Associate, Undergraduate and Graduate (Master/PhD) studies, as well as for Research and Turkish Language Summer Courses through the Turkiye Burslari Scholarship Program.
Recognized Universities in Turkey
Fields of study:
The scholarships cover a wide range of fields of study including but not limited to political science, international affairs, law, engineering, İslamic Studies, Agriculture, Economics, Journalism, History, Sociology, Architecture and Linguistic Studies.
The scholarship includes university and program placement, monthly stipend (Bachelor: 1000 TL per month; Masters: 1,400 TL per month; PhD: 1,800 TL per month), tuition fees, once-off return flight ticket, health insurance, accommodation, and one year Turkish Language Course.
The normal duration of award is:
• Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years (depending on the normal duration of the program)
• Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years
• PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
Minimum Academic Criteria:
• Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
• Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
• Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
• To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
• To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
• To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
• To be under the age of 45 for Research Scholarships
• Citizens of all countries
• Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
• Researchers and academicians
For associate degree:
Candidates Applicants are expected to have graduated or are likely to graduate within a year from high school in the present academic year.
For undergraduate degree:
Applicants Candidates are expected to have graduated or are likely to graduate Applicants from secondary school (vocational college).
For graduate and research degree:
Applicants Candidates are expected to have graduated or be likely to graduate Applicants from an educational institution at undergraduate or master’s level equivalent to that of Türkiye, in the present academic year.
Important: Foreign students should meet the criteria of the universities they applied. After the acceptance, they can apply for the Success or Support Scholarships under the Turkiye Scholarships.
Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable). Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
It is important to read the Turkiye Scholarship Guide and visit the official website (links found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
10 January – 20 February 2022
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2022 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 10th January- 20th February 2022 for international students from all countries
Official Scholarship Website: https://turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/announcements/turkiye-scholarships-2022-applications-19