This is the University of Ibadan registration guidelines for fresh students of the 2021/2022 academic session. Read on to find out more on how to register and get accomodation.
Are you a newly admitted student of University of Ibadan, then this post is for you. Here, you will find out the school registration guidelines on how how to register yourself as a fresh 100l student. You will also get info on course registration as well as accomodation. As a fresh student, navigating the school might look like swimming in the pacific ocean, so be sure to read this post to the last and subsribe as well to get other important information regarding University of Ibadan.
A few things to note
- Registration process is completely online
- Contact your course level Adviser for inquiries on courses
- Login again to the portal after registration to confirm approval of registered courses
- You can only Register for Courses after Successful Payment of Fees
- Check with your Department on how to proceed to Lectures
- Visit your Department / University website www.ui.edu.ng for additional information from time to time
- Course Registration (including all fee payments, correction on courses registered etc.) ends on February 21,2022
- Two weeks of Extension thereafter attracts late registration fee of N10,000.00.
- Deadlines will be strictly enforced
BEFORE YOU BEGIN- CHECK YOUR DETAILS (Matric number, email address, hall
- Click on New Students Login on the school website
- Enter your JAMB REGSTRATION Number
- Click on LOGIN
- To access your institutional email, go to gmail.com, your username is a combination
of first character of your first name, your surname and last 3 digits of your
Matriculation number (e.g. [email protected]). Your initial password is
also “password”. You will be prompted to change it immediately.
PROCEED TO MAKE NECESSARY PAYMENTS
- Click on Existing Students Login on the portal
- Enter Matric Number
- Enter password (default is “password”)
- Click on LOGIN – you will be prompted to change the initial password for the portal
Step 1: You are required to LOGIN to your portal account FIRST
Step 2: Once you are logged in, the portal opens with the default FEE PAYMENT page in view.
Step 3: Click on PAY YOUR FEES at the top right corner of that page.
Step 4: Select the fee type by checking the box against your preferred fee type and click on
Add Selected Items to my Fees List and further click on proceed.
Step 5: Once page refreshes, check the box against “Remita” and click on Post Now
Step 6: Your fee statement appears. Please NOTE AND COPY out the Reference Number
Step 7: Click on Proceed to gateway and wait for the page to refresh.
Step 8: The page refreshes with the Remita Platform and all the payment modes can be
Step 9: If you choose either of INTERNET BANKING or CARD PAYMENT in steps 1 and 2 above,
you can proceed by clicking on your respective bank and proceed with the payment.
Step 10: If however you want to PAY AT THE BANK you are then required to NOTE AND WRITE
DOWN the REMITA RETRIEVAL REFERENCE (RRR) and take it to your bank of choice.
Step 11: With that RRR number, the bank will pay the fees on your behalf and you return to
the portal to register/submit your courses.
NOTE: That you will not be able to proceed to Registration without paying the
Technology fees amongst others
If you desire University hostel accommodation as shown in your details, also make
payment at this month. See payment steps above to pay for hostel accomodation.
COURSE REGISTRATION STEPS:
First, you have to obtain course information from your department to know what courses you are offering before registering them to avoid registering wrong courses or courses you are not offering.
- -CLICK on the My Registration at the top left of the Page or Course Registration towards
- center right of the page.
- -Default Course for the academic sessions are displayed on the page.
- You can also Add more courses by clicking Add Course
- Enter the Course Code and search
- Select the check box when course appears
-Click on add
-when you finish selecting your courses
-save and submit
SECURING ACCOMODATION IN THE HALLS OF RESIDENCE (2021/2022 Academic Session)
- The Halls of Residence will open for the 2021/2022 Academic Session
on 30 January, 2022.
- Only Students who have been vaccinated against COVID 19 will be
accommodated in the Halls of Residence.
The following is the procedure for obtaining accommodation in the undergraduate Halls of
Residence (HoRs) during the 2021/2022 Session. Please note that accommodation will be
offered on a first come first served basis;
- Assignment of Fresh Students to HoRs (23 Jan., 2022): ITeMs will publish the Hall affiliation of fresh students.
- Expression of Interest by Eligible Students (Starting 24 Jan., 2022): Eligible Fresh students will be expected to secure accommodation slots by paying. Accommodation Fees on or before 28 January 2022. The payment portal will be open as from 24 January, 2022.
- Access to HoRs: Upon payment, each eligible student will be assigned a room online by the Warden of the HoR. The HoRs will open to fresh students on 30 January, 2022, and to eligible returning students on 6 February, 2022. The difference in the dates is to allow for the portal to be open to only bona fide returning students. Only those who have been assigned rooms by the hall wardens will be allowed into the HoRs. Upon arrival, those cleared will be offered provisional accommodation. This provisional accommodation will only be confirmed upon the completion of registration with the University Health Service (Jaja Clinic).
- Other Requirements for residing in the HoRs:
- All Students resident in HoRs must be vaccinated against COVID 19.
- Each resident of the HoR is required to wear a face mask when outside his or her room.
- Every resident is required to provide his or her personal COVID protective items, such as face masks and hand sanitizers.
- Residents are required to wash hands frequently, but certainly upon returning to the HoR.
- At least till the end of the first semester, only Hall residents will be permitted in the HoRs.
- Note that “squatting” is highly prohibited.
- Third-time infractions of COVID preventive requirements will attract ejection from the HoR.
Final year students and other eligible returning students will be expected to secure their
accommodation by paying Accommodation Fees between 31 January (when the
portal will be open to them) and 3 February, 2022. The following are the categories of
students eligible for accommodation in the 2021/2022 academic session:
Those Eligible for Accommodation
- 100 level students.
- Final year students.
- Physically challenged students.
- 300 level preclinical students.
- Nursing students due for professional examinations.
- Veterinary medicine students due for professional examinations
Best wishes from NGScholars as you begin your university journey.