Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, UMYU Postgraduate admission application form for the 2019/2020 academic session is out. Prospective candidates and members of the general public are hereby informed.
This is to inform members of the public and interested candidates that the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, has invited suitably qualified candidates to apply for admissions into Postgraduate Programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2019/2020 academic session. Interested applicants can apply online via the University website
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020
Below are the details of the application as released by the secretary of UMYU PG school, Wasilat Sani Saulawa (Mnim).
ADMISSIONS INTO FULL-TIME POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION OF UMYU.
Prospective students are to apply for admissions into the following full-time Postgraduate programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2019/2020 academic session:-
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Educational Management
- M.Sc. (Ed) Physics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Geography
- M.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
- M.Sc. (Ed) Biology
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
- M. A. Arabic
- Ph.D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- M.A. Hausa
- Ph.D. Hausa
Department of History and Sociology
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- M.A. English
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
- M.Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- M.Sc. Biology
Department of Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
Postgraduate Diploma 2 to 4 Semesters
Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
M.A./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ed) 4 to 6 Semesters
Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
The following shall qualify for the Master’s Degree Programmes: –
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors Degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ degree admission:
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil)
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission: –
- Graduates of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with CGPA of 4.00 appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to A, B, C and D above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the Postgraduate Application Portal from Thursday, 7th November, 2019The procedures of payment of application fees (N10,500) are available at Postgraduate Application Portal.
All candidates are required to request their previous Institutions to forward either soft copy or hard copy of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
Soft copy of academic transcripts should be sent via email to [email protected]. All academic transcripts should reach the Secretary of the Postgraduate School not later than the closing date of the application.
The sale of UMYU Postgraduate application form for the 2019/2020 academic session has been extended from Monday 6 January, 2020 to 20th January, 2020.
We wish you all the best!
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.