University of Benin, UNIBEN postgraduate admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out on sale and application has commenced.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to the University of Benin (UNIBEN) postgraduate programmes admission for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin.
Candidates are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examinations. Please indicate your email address and telephone number when applying.
Requirements for UNIBEN Postgraduate Programmes Admission 2022/2023
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
- Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Masters degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates applying for 2020/2021 UNIBEN PG admission should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to [email protected]. or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: students are advised to always check the address/telephone when applying.
To download the referee form (UNIBEN Postgraduate Referee Form – PDF) - click here.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission For 2022/2023 academic Session
Candidates applying for 2022/2023 UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N22,000.00 (Twenty-two thousand Naira only).
The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN Website,
www.uniben.edu. The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- application and referee forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated.
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below: Total – N60,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Best of luck in your applications and in your academic programmes at UNIBEN!