UNIJOS M.Sc. in Conservation Biology admission form for 2018/2019 academic session has started. The management of University of Jos (UNIJOS) has started sales of application form for admission into the Masters in Conservation Biology.
Applications are therefore invited for admission into the UNIJOS’ Master of Science (MSc) Conservation Biology programme, A.P. Leventis Ornithological Research Institute, for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Postgraduate School of the University of Jos runs a 12-month programme in the above course in the Department of Zoology. The programme covers various aspects of the theory and practice of biodiversity conservation, including the ecologic- economic and scientific basis for conservation.
It also exposes students to field practical experiences and builds their capacity to design and execute sound scientific research works in conservation biology. Although students undertake ecological studies in various aspects of biodiversity conservation, emphasis is often on Ornithology.
APLORI’s academic authority resides in the Faculty of Natural Sciences of the University of Jos. The Institute was established in 2001 as a training and research outfit. It is located in the Amurum Forest Reserve in Laminga (Jos- East LGA) in a serene environment that is very conductive for teaching, learning and research.
APLORI has teaching and research affiliations with a number foreign Universities and International environmental Organizations.
A 24- hour power supply and reliable internet connection ensures high intellectual productivity among staff and students of the institute. Students admitted into APLORI’s M.Sc. programme usually enjoy some form of scholarship award.
Target Group & Entry Requirements
The course is designed for young Nigerian Biological Scientist with a craving for carrier opportunities in conservation of renewable natural resources.Admission is opened to all holders of at least a Bachelor of Science Degree SECOND CLASS HONOURS (Lower Division) from a recognized university, in any of the following disciplines: Zoology, Biology, Botany, Forestry and /or wildlife, Wildlife Management, or any Environment Science. To purchase the online application form, aspiring student should do the following:
How To Apply for 2018/2019 Admission
1. Step 1 – Create account
- Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng and scroll down to select Application Forms. Click Create Account (APLORI) to create an account using a functional email address and phone number.
- Log in to your email to verify the account created and generate a unique application form number.
- Fill the form and note the application form no generated as this will be used in paying for the application form in Step 2
2. Step 2 – Pay for application form
- To pay for the application form, visit www.remita.net
- Click “Pay a Federal Government Agency”
- Name of MDA – type “University of Jos”
- Type of Service/Purpose – Select “PG APPLICATION FORM”
- Fill other details to generate and note the payment reference number (RRR) and pay the fifteen thousand naira (N15, 000.00) only application form fee using any of the available channels such as Bank Branch, Internet Banking, Debit (ATM) Cards, etc.
3. Step 3 – Fill online application form
- Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng
- Scroll down to select Application Forms. Click Continue Registration and log in with your email and password to continue filling out the online application form.
- Carefully fill out and save each tab. Also ensure that you upload the required credentials and certificates in pdf format.
- After filling out all the tabs, click Complete Application to submit the application.
- Download, print and transmit the Transcript Request Form for your transcript to your university to process, with the address of department of your choice. The hard copy of your transcript should be sent directly to the department of your choice, and not to the School of Postgraduate studies.
- Only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used. All further correspondence will be done through the email address and phone number provided.
- Referees forms are sent electronically. You must therefore provide referees’ valid and functional email addresses and phone numbers. Note that once the referee form is correctly completed, it will automatically go to the relevant department
- Corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of application form may attract a fee. Therefore, ensure the online form is carefully and correctly completed.
Application Closing Date
For more information contact us on 09033655620. Completed application forms together with an application letter containing the Applicant’s email address and telephone number must be returned to the institute before 31st January, 2019.
Applications that do not contain all the requisite materials will not be processed. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a combined written and oral interview. Please contact us at [email protected] for further enquiries.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.