University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Remedial Programme/Pre-Degree admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session is out on sale. Interested candidates as well as the members of the general public are hereby informed.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) hereby invites interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Remedial/ Pre-degree programme of the institution.
UNILORIN Pre-Degree Admission Requirements
1. Arts Education:
(i) Applicant Must pass five subjects at credit level at not more than two sittings in SSCE/GCE organized by WEAC, NECO, NABTEB and should include mathematics, English Language and the subject of study.
(ii) Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the third may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is NO Remedial programme in B.A.(Hons.) English
2. Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level;
English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC, NECO and NABTEB.
Specific Requirements for UNILORIN Remedial Programme
Faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of credit grade in Biology.
Duration of UNILORIN Remedial Programme.
The programme is for duration of two semesters (one academic session)
UNILORIN Remedial Programme Eligibility:
The preliminary programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
UNILORIN Remedial Programme General Conditions:
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain Credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and sit for Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the 2020/2021 JAMB/UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2020/2021 JAMB/UTME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and MUST obtain the minimum UTME approved cut off point by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
How to Apply for UNILORIN Pre-Degree / Remedial Admission for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Candidates are to visit the University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2020/2021 SPS Application. Application forms are to be completed online after a payment of N15, 000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) application fee, using interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
After the completion of the form, each candidate MUST download a Local Government Confirmation Form, which MUST be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the Local Government Area.
A candidate who is offered admission will be