University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED Postgraduate admission form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out. Interested persons can now buy the Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Doctorate (Ph.D.) programmes application forms online.
In other words, the School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) of the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, is now accepting applications for admission into its Postgraduate programmes.
UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Requirements
An applicant for admission into the M.Sc. degree programme shall be a graduate of the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Ondo or any other approved University recognized by the UNIMED Senate, and with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
Candidates with a Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who, in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
Candidates who are not UNIMED graduates may be required to satisfy the Department requirements for admission via an interview/examination or both.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Requirements
Applicants for this programme should be:
- Holders of a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degree with a research thesis in any of the areas of specialization stated above.
- Holders of a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics with a minimum weighted average of 60%.
- Candidates that are not UNIMED graduates may be required to satisfy the Department requirement for admission via an interview/examination or both.
General Requirements for all UNIMED Postgraduate Programmes:
Interested candidates shall complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents as specified on the application form, including certificates of degrees and/or diplomas, academic transcripts, three (3) reference letters, and a 500-words statement of intent in the proposed research area. All programmes in the University require O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to three other credits in relevant subjects. Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate. Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended the process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, Postgraduate School. Only candidates whose transcripts are received will be considered for admission.
Duration of the Postgraduate Programmes:
The Master’s programmes shall be for a minimum period of three (3) academic semesters (18 calendar months) and a maximum of five (5) academic semesters, while some others may extend to a minimum of four (4) academic semesters (24 calendar months) and a maximum of six (6) academic semesters while PhD programmes are for a minimum of six (6) academic semesters (36 calendar months) and maximum of eight (8) academic semesters.
How to Apply for UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Form
Eligible candidates should log on to the university website www.unimed.edu.ng.
Then, take the following steps: –
- Click on Admission;
- Click on Postgraduate School;
- Candidates will be directed to https://www.spgs.unimed.edu.ng/
- Click on Student’s Portal;
- On the dropdown list ;
- Click on PAYMENT to make payment via the online payment system using a VISA or MASTER card. Note that a VERVE card is not allowed.
- After payment, print payment receipt
- Click on STUDENT’S PORTAL, and on the dropdown list, choose APPLICATION LOGIN; your payment Transaction ID is your password.
UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Form Application Closing Date
The completed forms and all documents should be submitted latest by 29th, September, 2022.