UNIPORT ACIB/B.Sc Linkage, Master Of Finance & Banking Linkage Admission Form 2019/2020
Applications are on for admission into the Part-Time (Weekend) B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in Finance and Banking, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT for the 2019/2020 academic session. Interested candidates are to apply for admission into the programme.
a) Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Degree in Finance and Banking
(i) Candidates must have credit passes in five subjects: (a) English Language (b) Mathematics (c) Economics (d) any other two from Government, History, Geography, Commerce, Accounting (Finance/Business), Literature-in English, Christian Religious Knowledge/Islamic Religious Knowledge, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Agricultural Science.
(ii) All candidates must have professional and/or academic certificates obtained through examinations in any one or more of the following fields:
Banking, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Marketing, Management, Accounting, Commerce, General Administration or HND or Degree in any of the functional areas in Management Sciences/Business Administration, or Degree in Economics, Education (Accounting), Education (Business Administration), and Education (Economics).
(iii) Membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria is mandatory. However, those who are not currently registered with the Institute must do so upon admission; and in any case, not later than the end of the first term of the first year.
(b) Master of Finance and Banking (MFB)
(i) O’level requirements include a credit pass in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two subjects as approved by the University of Port Harcourt.
(ii) A minimum of Second Class Honours Degree in Finance & Banking with a CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a 5-point scale, 2.50 on a 4-point scale or 50% on an average scale system.
(iii) HND in Finance & Banking or other related business areas including Marketing, Insurance, Accounting, Management/Business Administration and an additional PGD in Finance & Banking with at least a CGPA of 3.50.
(iv) Minimum of three years work experience in the Financial Services Industry
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The minimum duration of the Programmes (a & b) above is two years on weekends and the courses are covered in three (3) terms per academic session.
How To Apply 2019/2020
- ACIB/B.Sc Linkage Programme
- A non refundable fee of ₦11,500.00 (eleven thousand, five hundred naira) only which includes bank charges, should be paid online through remita at the University designated banks as listed below:
- First Bank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank and
- University of Port Harcourt and Choba Microfinance Bank.
- Candidates should proceed with the payment slip from the Bank and obtain Application Form from the Office of the Finance Officer in the Faculty of Management Sciences, University Park, University of Port Harcourt.
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Co-ordinator, ACIB/B.Sc Linkage Programme, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, not later than 31st January, 2020.
- Master of Finance and Banking
Application is on-line. Log on to www.uniport.edu.ng , School of Graduate Studies and follow the instructions.
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the School of Graduate Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Deadline of return of application forms are as directed by School of Graduate Studies.