University of Uyo, UNIUYO SCE Postgraduate admission form for 2018/2019 academic session is out on sale. This is for admission into University of Uyo (UNIUYO) School of Continuing Education (SCE) Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, Doctorate and Professional Programmes.
Applications are on at the University of Uyo, UNIUYO in conjunction with the School of Continuing Education for its Postgraduate, doctorate and masters programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Forms are available for interested candidates wishing to gain admission into any of the following categories available for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Courses Available FOR UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission 2018/2019
Here are the courses available for UNIUYO postgraduate admission for the academic session;
A. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA
(I) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Economics & Farm Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Health Management (PGDEHM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Wetlands Environmental Management and Conservation (PGDWEMC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Aquaculture
- Postgraduate Diploma in Fisheries
- Postgraduate Diploma in Aquatic Environmental Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Food Science & Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Soil Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry & Wildlife.
(II)FACULTY OF ARTS
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication (PGDMC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Non-violent Communication (PGDNVC)
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies (PGDPCS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Religious and Cultural Studies (PGDRCS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Philosophy (PGDP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Music Arts (PGDMA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Arts (PGDTA)
(III) FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
(IV) FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning (PGD-URP)
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism, Planning and Management
(VI) FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Postgraduate Diploma in Botany and Ecological Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in computer Science c. Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Health, Safety, Security and Environment (PGD HSSE)
(VII) FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations (PGDIR)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Local Government & Rural Development (PGDLG)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sociology/Anthropology (PGDSA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Development Planning (PGDPD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information System (PGDIS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environment and Development (PGDED)
(B) MASTERS PROGRAMMES
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Masters of Science in Environmental Health Management
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Professional – Master of Business Administration (MBA Executive)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Sociology/Anthropology
- M.SC. Public Order and Information Management (MPOIM)
Department of Political Science/Public Administration
- Professional – Master of Public Administration (MPA, without dissertation)
Clement Isong Centre for Development Studies
- M.Sc. Development Planning
(C) DOCTORATE DEGREE PROGRAMME FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Sociology/Anthropology
- Ph.D. in Public Order and Information Management (MPOIM)
Entry Requirements For UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission
Here are the entry requirements for UNIUYO postgraduate admission for the 2018/2019 academic session;
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes, candidate must be a graduate of the University of Uyo, or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or a person who holds a qualification adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to a First Degree and must hold at least a third class degree. Holders of a recognized Higher National Diploma with Lower Credit in the relevant disciplines could also apply.
Graduates who possess a minimum of Third Class in Sociology Anthropology or Social Work from recognized tertiary institutions can also apply for Postgraduate Diploma in Public Order and Information Management.
Masters Degree Programmes:
To qualify for admission into a Masters Degree Programme, applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree (not lower than a Second class Lower Division) in any relevant discipline or a Postgraduate Diploma in their relevant field of study. All Applicants must satisfy the basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree.
Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
- M.Sc. graduates in Public Order and Information Management from the University of Uyo or other institutions recognized by Senate of the University of Uyo for this purpose.
- Candidates who possess Master degree in the Social Science, Arts and Management Sciences from Institutions recognized by the University of Uyo Senate for this purpose and who also possess post graduate diploma in Public Order and Information management with relevant work experience.
- Applicants are expected to meet the Departmental Requirements.
- Application forms without transcripts shall not be considered.
- NYSC discharge, Exemption or Exclusion Certificates shall be required as well except in special circumstances.
- Applicants for Masters and Ph.D. programmes shall be subjected to Screening Test as part of the admission process.
UNIUYO SCE Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- For Postgraduate Diploma, three (3) Semesters with (3) Months Industrial Attachment where necessary.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Economics, minimum of four (4) and maximum of six (6) semesters
- For Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA) Three (3) Semesters of Intensive Course Work and Long Essay.
- For Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Executive) four (4) semesters of Intensive Course Work and a Research Project.
- For M. Sc. Degree in Public Order and Information Management four (4) semesters of Intensive Course Work and a Research Project.
- For Ph.D. in Public Order and Information Management, a minimum of ten (10) semesters of intensive course work and a supervised thesis.
How To Apply For UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission (SCE) for 2018/2019 Academic Session
To apply for UNIUYO postgraduate admission for the 2018/2019 academic session;
The portal will be open from Monday, August 20, 2018 for registration.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N10, 500.00 (Ten Thousand, Five Hundred Naira) only via Remita Payment Platform.
Online Registration and payment instruction
- Visit http://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals or uniuyo.edu.ng (click on e-portals link!
- Select Admission forms link (on the side bar)
- Select e-Form(s) option
- Select Admission Type Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate Degree (Part- time) as the Admission Form Type.
- Enter your phone number, Name and E-mail
- Click the MAKE PAYMENT button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
- After payment return to the online portal and click on REGISTER LINK
- Note your Login credentials generated
- Login and complete your registration
All completed forms should be addressed with a quoto size envelope with the name of the Student, Programme and the Department and returned to:
The Administrative Secretary
School of Continuing Education
University of Uyo
P.M.B. 1017 Uyo
Application Closing Date
Closing date for registration is from the date of the Advertisement and screening date will be communicated.