MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2014/2015 for African Students- The University of Toronto, Canada partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to offer Undergraduate scholarships for sub-Saharan African Students
Eligible Field of Study
First-entry undergraduate programs in either the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
If you are a student from Sub-Saharan Africa who has demonstrated your academic talent, are personally committed to giving back to your country, yet face significant economic barriers, then you are invited to apply to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
The University of Toronto and The MasterCard Foundation are pleased to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto to develop Africa’s next generation of leaders.
Thanks to the Foundation’s visionary support, U of T can now provide 67 African students with one of the world’s top-ranked educations—in one of the world’s most multi-cultural cities. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program opens up boundless opportunities for young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities, but with academic talent, potential to lead, and motivation to make a difference. As U of T graduates and global citizens, they will return to Africa with the tools to change lives within their communities and across borders.
Scholarship Offered Since: 2013/2014 academic year
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate Scholarships for African students
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is open to you if you are a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan Africa country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university study elsewhere. If you are a transfer student, you are not eligible for the Program.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- be a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa;
- demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country;
- have very strong academic results within your school system;
- have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement;
- maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development;
- be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements; and
- fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country);
Please note that both academic and English requirements differ based on the country and educational system you are coming from.
Number of Scholarships: 67 scholarships will be offered throughout the life of the program
Value of Scholarship
If selected, you will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Duration of Scholarship: for a four-year undergraduate degree
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at (country): University of Toronto. Canada
Application Deadline: Application opens on 23 September 2013 and closes 16 December 2013
Offered annually? Yes for the next 10 years
How to Apply
This scholarship opportunity is available for the St. George campus in first-entry undergraduate programs in either the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
To apply for the scholarship and for admission, you must submit a completed application package to the University of Toronto by email. Part of the application package includes an application form which you can obtain from your school counsellor or advisor.
A completed application will feature the following components:
- A completed application form, with all applicable sections for both applicant and counsellor filled out (including contact information, financial information, personal details and essay questions). To obtain an application form, please speak to your counsellor or advisor.
- A scanned copy of all applicable financial documentation.
- A scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two reference letters (one academic, one personal). Via : Afterschoolafrica.com
For more information, Visit Scholarship Webpage
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.