The University of Westminster, UK is offering the Vice Chancellors Scholarship 2016/2017 to students of developing countries including Nigeria and other African countries. The University of Westminster Vice-Chancellors scholarship 2016/2017 is for proposed postgraduate studies and is available for full-time masters degree.
The University of Westminster is a public research university in London, United Kingdom. Its antecedent institution, the Royal Polytechnic Institution, was founded in 1838 and was the first polytechnic institution in the UK. University of Westminster Vice-Chancellors scholarship is aimed at fully funding a student for full-time postgraduate studies. The scholarship benefits include; full tuition fee waiver, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.
Eligibility and Requirements for University of Westminster Vice Chancellors Scholarship 2016/2017
- In order to apply for University of Westminster Vice Chancellors scholarship, the candidate must hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree.
- Applicant must have Equivalent to a UK First Class Honours degree.
- English Language Requirment: IELTS – 6.5 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each component. TOEFL (IBT): University does not accept TOEFL from applicants requiring a Tier 4 visa, as this qualification is no longer accepted by the UK Visas and Immigration Department (UKVI).
- Applicant must be from one of the following countries;
- Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda,United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply For University of Westminster Vice Chancellors Scholarship 2016/2017
How to Apply for a Westminster Postgraduate Programme:
Necessary documents and scholarship application can be submitted by post. Here are two ways for international students to apply for a postgraduate programme at Westminster:
If you apply via UKPass, please make sure you include scanned copies of all the following documents:
- A copy of your results transcript from your first degree (translated into English)
- A copy of your English language qualification
- Your CV/resumé
- Two academic references (letters of recommendation)
- A personal statement (statement of purpose/study plan) that explains:
- why you are interested in the course(s)
- why you would like to study at the University of Westminster
- any relevant skills and experience that you have
- your career plans
How to Apply for Vice Chancellors Scholarship
In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- A copy of the letter /email from the University of Westminster confirming or unconditional offer of a place on your chosen course
- A copy of your transcript from your most recent/current academic study; all documentation must be provided in English
- A reference letter for your scholarship application; this should be written by a previous tutor, professor, academic or employer (where relevant to your chosen degree course)
There is no official deadline for postgraduate applications, but we strongly recommend you apply early (by April for September start and October for January start), especially if you are interested in applying for a scholarship. Scholarship applications will close on 16th October 2016.
Good luck in your Scholarship Applications!!