Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK postgraduate form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out and now available on sale. The sale of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) postgraduate admission form is all year round.
Graduates who wish to further their studies are hereby informed that they can now apply for UNIZIK’s Masters, PhD and Postgraduate Diploma programmes.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University management invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into under listed full-time and part-time postgraduate programmes/courses offered by UNIZIK for the 2021/2022 academic session.
ALSO SEE: UNIZIK Business School Admission Application Form 2021/2022 Is Out
UNIZIK Postgraduate Courses / Programmes Available for Admission
The following may apply for admission into the UNIZIK Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnic who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
The following may apply for admission into UNIZIK Masters Programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES:
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII (Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters.
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes last for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. The part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-time PhD programmes last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. The part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters.
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
Application form should be completed online by logging onto myedu.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Step 1: Click on Postgraduate School, then select ‘Generate Application form Invoice’
- Step 2: Fill the Invoice generation form and click on ‘Generate invoice’
- Step 3: After generating the invoice, go to the bank and make payment or click on Pay with Card to purchase the form with a Debit card.
- Step 4: Obtain your RRR then revisit the Portal: myedu.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate to complete the Application form.
- Step 5: Download and print your Acknowledgment Form and Transcript Request form to be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts.
Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Postgraduate Application Timeline
Submission of Form ends on 19th of September 2022.
Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies not later than 23rd September 2022. Institutions can also forward e-copies directly to [email protected].
UNIZIK Postgraduate Screening Test Dates
- Applicants will be invited for Screening Test from the 28th-30th September, 2022 and Proposal Defense (PhD only) on 28th September 2022.
- PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages.
Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the College of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
SEE ALSO: Universities Currently Selling Postgraduate Forms (2022/2023).