Vacancy Of Bursar Position at RSUST- Apply!
The School authorities have announced the vacancy of Bursar position at RSUST (Rivers State University Of Science and Technology). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and driven candidates with vast experience in accounting procedures and University administration for the Bursar Position in the University.
The Bursar who shall head the Bursary Department is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Job Description/ Responsibilities of the Bursar Position at RSUST
The Bursar will be requires to perform the following functions among others;
- Income generation for the sustenance and development of the University.
- Payments/Settlement of the University’s commitments.
- Keeping of Accounts and Accounting records including those of staff and students;
- Banking and the handling of banking related transactions
- Staff personal emoluments including the management of loans and advances to staff;
- The management of cash, stock and stores in the University
- Insurance of staff and fixed assets as well as allied financial transactions.
- Reports and advise to management on financial matters including proposals and budgets for future development and operations of the University, etc.
Qualifications And Requirements For Application For Bursar Position at RSUST
All candidates looking to apply for the position of Bursar at RSUST must meet the following requirements and qualifications.
- The person for the position of the Bursar is required to possess a minimum of B.Sc degree (Second Class Lower Division) in Accountancy from a recognized University with at least a minimum of 18 years post qualification experience, plus membership of any of the following professional Accounting Bodies; ICAN, ANAN, ICMA and ACCA.
- Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a person of impeccable character, who is honest and against whom no serious allegation of wrong doing has been proved;
- Possess a robust health and demonstrate good public relations;
- Be innovative in terms of ideas;
- Be not more than 55 years;
- Must have a good knowledge of Accounting Software
Method Of Application For The Vacancy Of Bursar Position at RSUST
Interested candidates who meet the above conditions should submit twenty (20) copies of their application accompanied by detailed curricula vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae must include the candidate’s name in full, place and date of birth, marital status, Local Government Area, number and ages of children, academic qualifications, administrative and managerial experience, membership of academic and professional bodies, names and addresses of three references and other relevant information.
All candidates must have three (3) referees who are to forward references on them directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. Such reference should be able to attest to the candidate’s capabilities as well as moral uprightness. In addition, candidates are requested to submit a Report of Medical fitness from a Government Hospital and Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interview on a later date.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in envelopes marked at the upper head corner
“Post of Bursar”, to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, PMB 5080, Port Harcourt.
All applications as regards the Vacancy Of Bursar Position are to be completed and submitted not later than Monday, 23rd May 2016.
Good Luck to all candidates applying!!