WAEC GCE form (second series for 2022 – August/September) is out. Authorities of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) have announced that registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, Second Series (August/September), began earlier last month. This page provides everything you need to know to register for the 2022 WAEC GCE successfully.
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, Second Series are hereby informed that the registration began in July 2022.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) began conducting two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates in 2022.
WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2022 -Second Series would be an urban-based examination. It is intended to help candidates who have deficiencies in their WASSCE results, bridge the gap. Nineteen )19) subjects would be available for the examination. Prospective candidates are advised to visit the Council’s Corporate website – www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
Application Closing Date
- The closing date for WAEC GCE Registration is now October 2, 2022 (extended). More details here!
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE
|S/N||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|9||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
|22||HEALTH EDUCATION/HEALTH SCIENCE||508|
|32||CLOTHING AND TEXTILES||701|
|33||FOODS AND NUTRITION||702|
How to Apply for the 2022 WAEC GCE
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
|Approved Banks for Purchasing Form|
|Access Bank Plc|
|Fidelity Bank Plc|
|First Bank of Nigeria|
|First City Monument Bank Plc|
|Guaranty Trust Bank Plc|
|Heritage Bank Plc|
|Polaris Bank Ltd|
|Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc|
|Standard Chartered Bank Plc|
|Sterling Bank Plc|
|Union Bank of Nigeria Plc|
|United Bank for Africa Plc|
|Unity Bank Plc|
|WEMA Bank Plc|
|Zenith Bank Plc|
Also, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they must dearly state their disabilities, e.g. blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable after their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses and the Timetable for the examination that they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate who comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide a valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.
We wish you the best of luck!