JAMB Regularization: Meaning & How To Do It
What is JAMB regularization? How do you go about regularizing admission with JAMB? These are the two questions we will be answering in this article. If you are one of those with this question, you are in luck today.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB regularization (now called late application) procedure is for candidates with no JAMB registration number.
What is JAMB Regularization?
JAMB Late Application (formerly referred to as “regularization”) provides opportunity for candidates who are in tertiary institutions but have no JAMB registration number.
How is this possible? Many candidates now gain admission via IJMB, JUPEB, Foundation Programmes and other programmes like that. Some of the students admitted via this mediums end up not having JAMB registration number.
It is however compulsory for any student studying at any tertiary institution in Nigeria to have a registration number. JAMB regularization makes it possible to get registration numbers for such students.
Even if you manage to not have a JAMB registration number all through your stay in the school, you will need it upon graduation. It is one of the things you’d need for NYSC registration. If you don’t have it, you can’t proceed to the mandatory National Youth Service Corps scheme.
JAMB Late Application Fee is N10,000. Follow the procedure outlined below to get it done
JAMB Regularization Procedure ( How To Do It)
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services
4. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar
5. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
13. Click Submit to complete your application
14. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
15. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
16. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
17. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
18. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
You can CLICK HERE to start your JAMB Regularization process.