Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, OAU freshers registration and screening guidelines for 2018/2019 academic session are out.
The screening process is to be done online and prospective students need to know whatever procedures that need to be undertaken so as to register and be screened successfully.
Candidates who have been offered admission should upload their credentials including Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age.
Each candidate will be required to submit his/her Registration certificate Form as downloaded to the Faculty Secretary. They will also be required to present the print out of the certificate form for further screening on resumption.
OAU Freshers Registration and Screening Procedure
All OAU Freshers registration and screening are to be done on-line. All freshmen are expected to complete their screening before they come to campus. To register online, freshers need to access the school e-portal.
The management of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) has released the online screening procedures for the 2018/2019 academic session newly admitted candidates.
I. OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR 2018/2019 REGISTRATION OF FRESHMEN
Candidates who have been offered admission should upload their Academic Credentials and their Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age. Each candidate will be required to print and submit his/her online Clearance Certificate, as downloaded, to the Faculty Secretary.
They will also be required to present the print- out of the certificate form, hard copies of Academic Credentials, Birth Certificate, JAMB Admission letter for further screening on resumption.
II. SCREENING OF FRESH STUDENTS
All credential screening will be done on-line. All freshmen are expected to complete their credential screenings before they come to campus on April 9, 2019 when the 2018/2019 Session will commence.
III. PROCEDURE FOR ACCESSING THE E-PORTAL:
- Log on to the University Student Information Portal (http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng) using your Registration Number and the Password you used last on the portal.
- Upload your scanned School Certificate Result(s) latest by 7th March, 2019.
- Complete the following forms correctly on the ePortal (http://eportal.oauife.edu.ng).
- CERTIFICATE FORM (for not more than two sittings)
- COURSE REGISTRATION FORM
- BED SPACE APPLICATION FORM (Optional)The Course Registration Form will only be available upon:
a. Successful filling of forms (i). (ii) and (iii) above.
b. Payment of appropriate Charges at the banks.
- Problems, if any. will be addressed on-line using any of the following options:
Please note that only 2000 spaces are available for each of the Special Electives except SER 001 and LIB 001, which are compulsory for all Fresh Students.
IV. BED SPACE ALLOCATION:
The procedure for Bed Space request for students is available on the eportal. Students will apply for Bed Space Allocation placement directly on the eportal after payment of appropriate fees.
Candidates who have been allocated bed spaces will be required to pay for the bed space and print 3 copies of Bed Space Clearance Forms from the eportal which must be duly signed by the student and the Hall Warden. The forms will be administered as follows:
- Students are required to keep one
- Submit one copy to the Dean, Student Affairs
- Submit the third copy to the Hall Warden to qualify him/her to OCCUPY the bed space allocated. Please note that failure to submit the Bed Space Clearance Forms as stipulated automatically disqualifies the Bed Space Allocation.
Apart from fresh undergraduate students, final year students are also given priority in the allocation of bed spaces. Other spaces available (if any) will be balloted for. Fresh and undergraduate students should note that these bed spaces are on “First Come First Served” basis.
Congratulations to all OAU newly admitted students!