Applications are on for the 2023/2024 Shell Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian undergraduates. The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited, is now accepting applications from qualified Nigerians for its 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship Awards.
Shell’s aim is to promote and encourage academic excellence which would aid to improve the skills and enhance the employability of young Nigerians. The Scholarship scheme provides a yearly grant to successful applicants.
The deadline for submission of applications for the Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Awards is February 3 2023.
Kindly note that the application is FREE of charge.
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories- the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM)
1. The National Merit Award (NM) is open to all Nigerians.
2. Areas of Operation Merit Award is open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
Entry Requirements For 2023 Shell Scholarship Scheme
Here are the entry requirements for the 2023 shell scholarship scheme for Nigerian undergraduates;
1. Applicants must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. Applicants must be registered as full-time undergraduates at a university in Nigeria that is accredited and approved by the NUC.
3. Applicants must be in 200 Level (as of January 2023) or have proof of acceptance into an Undergraduate program for the 2023/2024 academic year.
4. Applicants must not have received any other scholarship from a national or international organisation operating in the oil and gas industry.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-listed criteria should apply by clicking HERE.
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
The letters should be addressed to: “The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants process applications
Applications open on the 3rd of January 2023 and close on the 3rd of February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test.
Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted.
Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website.
We wish you all the best as you apply.