This list of UNIMED courses will help admission seekers determine if the course they want is available at the school. The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) is a state government-owned and operated Nigerian university with several faculties and courses.
The courses on offer at the university are medical courses, which should be obvious from the name. This post serves as a guide for all candidates who wish to secure admission into the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State, Nigeria.
UNIMED has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
Outlined below is the list of undergraduate courses offered by University of Medical Sciences.
SEE ALSO: UNIMED Post-UTME & DE Screening Form.
List of Courses UNIMED Offers
The list is structured by faculty and under each faculty, there are courses and departments available. They also have two schools that we have included for completion.
UNIMED FACULTY OF SCIENCE COURSES
- Department of Biological Sciences (Animal and Environmental Science, Microbiology and Plant Biology and Biotechnology)
- Physics with its two options: Electronics and Medical Physics.
The Faculty of Science offers a 4-year program leading to the award of the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree.
UNIMED FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
UNIMED FACULTY OF BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES
The faculty consists of 5 departments, they are:
- Anatomic Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
- Haematology & Immunology
- Microbial Pathology
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics
UNIMED FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES COURSES
- Parts III & IV of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree program.
UNIMED FACULTY OF DENTAL SCIENCES
The Faculty comprises of five departments; and each under a Head of Department as follows:
- Department of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Oral/ Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology and Oral Medicine
- Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry
- Department of Child Dental Health and
- Department of Restorative Dentistry.
UNIMED FACULTY OF NURSING SCIENCES COURSES
The Faculty of Nursing Science (FNS) is a degree awarding Faculty. The four departments contribute harmoniously to produce exceptional Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) graduates. They are:
- Department of Adult & Mental Health Psychiatric Nursing
- Department of Community Health Nursing
- Department of Maternal, Neonatal & Child Health Nursing
- Department of Nursing Education & Administration
FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
The faculty is made up of two department which are:
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science offering Bachelor of Science in MLS degree
- Department of Physiotherapy offering Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree
UNIMED FACULTY OF MEDICAL REHABILITATION
Faculty of Medical Rehabilitation is currently accommodating the following departments:
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
UNIMED SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH COURSES
PROGRAMMES CURRENTLY RUNNING WITHIN THE SCHOOL INCLUDE
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Statistics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science and Health Informatics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Health, Safety and Management
The following programmes shall commence shortly having put the required processes in motion
- B.Sc. Community Health Sciences
- B.Sc. Environmental Health Sciences
MUST SEE: UNIMED Departmental Cut-Off Marks.