Applications are on-going for the 2022 WMF Scholarships for Developing Country Students.
The Wells Mountain Foundation (WMF), a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
The scholarship is applicable to the applicant’s choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country. All fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
The WMF scholarships range from $300 to $3000 support tuition and fees, books and materials, and other approved costs.
The ideal candidate must be a student – (either male or female) from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2022
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Application Instruction and Deadline
Applications for the 2022 WMF scholarship are open from December 1st 2021 to March 1st 2022. All applications are done online and the deadline for applications is slated for 1st March 2022. All forms and details on how to go about applying is available using the link below.
Applications must be received by March 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. WMI Scholars are selected through an in-depth multi-step review process. The selected WMI Scholars will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our website homepage and the WMI Facebook page. Those who are not selected will also be notified after August 1.
*Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship