The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Awards is an annual scholarships scheme available to students in Nigerian tertiary institutions. It is a Four (4) Million Naira Scholarship Awards for forty (40) Students spread across Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria. The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship is just one of the few scholarship awards available to Polytechnic and College of Education students in Nigeria.
Scholarship Awards Worth
The award is for 40 (Forty) students each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000.00) making a total sum of Four Million Naira (N4,000 000.00).
Criteria For Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award
To be eligible for the scholarships award, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must be poor and indigent
- Applicants must be registered students of tertiary institutions in nigeria i.e Universities, polytechnicsand colleges of education.
- Applicants must have good academic performance
Mode Of Application For Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award
Each applicant is expected to submit an applicaton form, not more than two (2) pages. The letter must include the following:
- Name of the candidate
- Course and year of study
- State of origin and
- Reason the candidate believes he or she deserves the scholarship award
The application letter must be accomplished by:
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current identity card;
- A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information on the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session.
- A letter from the registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of the institution
- A copy of the candidate’s registration form for the current semester and
- Two (2) current passport photographs.
Application letter for the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarships, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or postal delivery) to:
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board Nigerian Law Publications House Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D., Alausa, Ikeja. P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos.
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board c/o Dr. U.A.U. Onyebinama, Chairperson ASUU, Department of Agricultural Economics, Michael Opara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board c/o Dr. M.K. Aliyu, Chairman ASUU, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, ASUU office.
Whenever the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship application is open, applicants will be invited to Interview Centers on Dates announced. Candidates successful at the interview will be awarded the scholarships.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Kindly note that students who have once won the scholarship are not eligible.
The 2015 scholarship award has come and gone. If you don’t want to miss the 2016 application process, please subscribe to our free updates now.