Details of Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship Awards – 2017:
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Awards is an annual scholarships scheme available to students in Nigerian tertiary institutions. It is a Two (2) Million Naira Scholarship Awards for twenty (20) Students spread across Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria. The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship is just one of the few scholarship awards available to Polytechnic and College of Education students in Nigeria.
Scholarship Awards Worth
The award is for 20 (Twenty) students each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000.00) making a total sum of Four Million Naira (N2,000 000.00).
Criteria For Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award
To be eligible for the scholarships award, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must be poor and indigent.
- Applicants must be registered Students of Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. i.e Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education
- Applicants must have good academic performance.
How To Apply For Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award for 2017
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter of not more than two (2) pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course and year of study, state of origin and why the candidate believes that he or she should be given the award
The application letter must be accomplished by:
- A photocopy of the candidate’s current identity Card
- A letter from the candidate’s current head of Department, including correct information on the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session
- A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of the institution
- A copy of the candidate’s registration form for the current semester; and
- Two (2) current passport photographs.
Application letter for the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarships, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or postal delivery) to:
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele- Way, C.B.D., Alausa lkeja, P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos State.
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, c/o ASUU Secretariat, , Nnamdi, Azikiwe University,
Awka, Anambra State.
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board, c/o Festus Iyayi, ASUU National Secretariat, Kiri Campus, University of Abuja, Abuja.
Whenever the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship application is open, applicants will be invited for interview at the following centers. Candidates successful at the interview will be awarded the scholarships.
- Awka: Applicants will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 29, 2017, at ASUU Secretariat, Nnamdi, Azikiwe University, Awka, at 10.00 am.
- Abuja: Applicants will be interviewed on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, at Festus Iyayi, ASUU National Secretariat, Kiri Campus, University of Abuja, Abuja, at 10.00 am.
- Lagos: Applicants will be interviewed on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, at Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele- Way, C.B.D., Alausa lkeja, P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos State, at 10.00 am.
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Award Ceremony
Successful candidates will be awarded the Scholarship on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at Nigerian Law Publications House, Otunba Jobi Fele- Way, C.B.D., Alausa Ikeja, P.O. Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos State, at 12.00 Noon.
Application Closing Date: Monday, 28th August, 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Kindly note that students who have once won the scholarship are not eligible.
The 2017 scholarship award has come and gone. If you don’t want to miss the 2016 application process, please subscribe to our free updates now.