NGScholars was established in 2013 with the sole aim of gathering information which are useful to students seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria and organizing them on a single platform. We do this by guiding admission-seekers from JAMB registration to checking of JAMB result through Post-UTME screening and admission registration.
Over the years, the online education portal metamorphosed to cover and provide other type of news and information which we thought could help students who are already in their choice institutions excel in the pursuit of academic excellence. This proved to be a great step in the right direction as NGScholars has helped thousands of students studying in Nigerian tertiary institutions keep tabs on news from even within their schools. We have also brought many relatively unknown opportunities closer to students. Two good examples of this are the SIWES/Industrial Training Placement and Scholarship for Nigerian Students sections of our website.
We have also helped institutions with no online presence disseminate information about their events ranging from Post-UTME Screening to Invitation to Convocation Ceremonies and schedule of events. We are not stopping here. We keep adding more and more useful sections and this is the reason for the creation of the NYSC news section and Graduate Jobs/Vacancy portal to feed fresh graduated with vital pieces of information.
About NGScholars Tertiary Institutions’ Scholarship Scheme
As part of our mission to help Nigerian students, we are introducing a scholarship scheme for Nigerian students studying in tertiary institutions in Nigeria. This scholarship is available to all disciplines. We are particularly targeting indigent students who excel at their studies and are showing great promise.
Scholarships Provider: NGScholars (Subsidiary of Sigmanox NG)
Number of Scholarships: Three (3)
Renewable: No, it’s a one-time scholarship award.
Scholarship Value: N100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Naira Only)
To apply for this scholarship award, candidates must
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited course in an NUC-approved university and NBTE-approved Polytechnic in Nigeria
- Have gained admission during the 2017/2018 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their 0/Levels.
- Be enrolled full-time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level. Please attach official JAMB admission letters.
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online by clicking the following link: NGScholars Tertiary Institutions’ Scholarships.
- Scanned copies of the following documents should be attached to the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200 kilobytes);
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- JAMB Score;
- ‘‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin
- A 500-word essay on the topic: My Perspective on the Dichotomy between Universities and Polytechnics.
Please Note: Each scanned document must not exceed 400KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
All applications must be submitted not later than 11:00 pm on 31st December, 2018.
Application is FREE!