On JAMB CAPS Portal, you can accept or reject admission and this is how to do it. This guide will show you the process of rejecting or accepting offer of admission on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal for 2018/2019 admission exercise is now live. Candidates who are admission offer can now check from time to time to accept or decline admission offer.
LATEST UPDATE: JAMB Admission Offer Acceptance/Rejection Deadline 2018/2019
What is JAMB CAPS?
This acronym stands for Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS). It is a platform created to ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
How to Accept & Reject Admission on JAMB CAPS Portal
- Firstly, go to JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on CAPS (on the left side of the page)
- Select ‘Admission Status’ on the left panel.
- Finally, You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
You can also go directly to caps.jamb.gov.ng >> candidate profile when you need to access your profile. Likewise, you can go to caps.jamb.gov.ng >> accept admission to accept admission.
How to use JAMB CAPS on mobile phones
Note that you can access your profile, accept and reject admission offers on your mobile device as follows:
- Firstly, go directly to caps.jamb.gov.ng
- Login with your username and password (you may see a white page)
- Now on the top right corner of the page, click the options button (Android) i.e. the ⋮ icon
- Tick ‘Desktop site‘ from the options that come out
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to open your profile.
- Finally, accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
You will be notified in any of the series of posts we will be making on this site when your school of choice releases admission list. When they do, you are given an offer of admission. The school and JAMB will expect you to make a decision – to either accept or decline the offer of admission.
This will be done on JAMB CAPS portal as we have described above.
What’s next after accepting JAMB CAPS admission? You should check information from your school on admission acceptance fee payment and admission registration. This is usually the next step and your chosen school will notify you when to do that.
We wish you the very best!!!