UNIMED Post-UTME/Direct Entry (DE) screening form for 2020/2021 academic session is out. The University of Medical Science, Ondo State Post-UTME cut-off mark for admission into the University for the 2020/2021 academic session has also been released.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State various degree programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session. UNIMED cut-off mark for admission is 180 for 2020/2021 academic session.
About University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences, has been accredited by the National University Commision, NUC, and is thus to run full services as the first specialized medical institution in Nigeria. The University of Medical Sciences is the first of such in Nigeria and the third in the whole of Africa. This recognition also puts the university as the 139th university in the country. The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko received the confirmation in a letter from the NUC Executive Secretary, Professor Julius Okojie.
The University has been approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in April 2015 to offer courses in all medical science disciplines. The goal of the University is to provide exceptional high quality and integrated training and comprehensive experience in the medical sciences that meet contemporary international accreditation standards. The University is a fully residential institution and has excellent teaching and training facilities.
Courses Available For UNIMEDS Post-UTME/Admission Screening 2020/2021
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences – Available Courses.
1. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
- Faculty of Dental Sciences
2.Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
3. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Nursing Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
4. Faculty of Science
- Physics (Electronics and Medical Physics Options)
- Biological Sciences (Animal & Environmental Biology; Microbiology; Plant Biology and Biotechnology Options)
SUBJECT COMBINATION: All courses in Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in UTME. Candidates in Mathematics require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in the UTME.
Eligibility Criteria For UNIMED Post-UTME (Requirements)
The entry requirements for UNIMEDS post-UTME screening for the 2020/2021 academic session:
- Candidates who made University of Medical Sciences Ondo their first and second choices in the 2020 UTME and scored 180 and above are eligible for the screening. In addition, candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences Ondo and are willing to change to the University are also eligible for the screening. Candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O/level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programme and not more than two sittings in relevant O/Level subjects including English and Mathematics for other programmes in the University.
- Direct entry candidates who have already applied to JAMB and who possess minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a Sc. (Hons) degree in the basic medical or biological sciences with a minimum of second class (lower division) are also eligible to apply for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry Courses.
How To Apply For UNIMED Post-UTME Screening for 2020/2021 Academic Session
To apply for the Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Post-UTME screening exercise for the 2020/2021 academic session. The UNIMED Post-UTME registration has commenced.
Eligible candidates should log on to University website www.unimed.edu.ng . Then, take the following steps:
- Click on Admission;
- Click on Post-UTME Payment to make payment via online payment system or commercial bank through e-Tranzact
- Click on Payment Confirmation if payment was made through commercial bank;
- Click on Post-UTME Application after payment;
- Login with UTME registration number and payment Transaction ID as password to complete the screening form.
For more details on payment and application, check the University’s website (www.unimed.edu.ng). ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CANDIDATES MAKE PAYMENT TO ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEEK CLARIFICATION IN CASE OF DOUBT
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Post-UTME Screening Schedule for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Screening Exercise Dates: 25th – 27th November 2020 beginning from 7.00am daily.
However, candidates are to print out their exact date and time of screening later from the portal
ALSO, NOTE THAT:
- All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
- JAMB UTME Notification of Results or Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
- Printed copy of the completed 2020/2021 Admission Screening slip.
- Direct Entry Candidates are to forward their Transcript directly to the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences.
- For more information or clarifications, candidates are advised to visit the University website, www.unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call the following phone numbers: +234-706-957-3618, +234-905-826-3636.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
ALSO NOTE THAT
i. All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
a) JAMB UTME Notification of Results/Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
b) Electronic Payment Receipt.
c) Printed copy of the completed 2020/2021 Admission Screening slip.
ii. For more information or clarifications, candidates are advised to visit the University website – www.unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call the following phone numbers: +234-706-957-3618, +234-905-826-3636.
iii. Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
Kindly note that the University does NOT have individual/sales agents. For the avoidance of doubt, valid and authentic details about admissions into the programmes offered by UNIMED can be obtained only at the University’s administrative office and at the University’s website www.unimed.edu.ng Kindly note also, that valid payments for purchase of forms can only be done as described above and NOT into any individual’s account. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) into any individual�s account does so at her/his own risk!
ALSO SEE: List of Schools Whose Post-UTME Forms Are Out– 2020/2021
Best of luck from NGScholars…
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.