JAMB change of course and institution for 2022/2023 admission starts after results come out. You can now apply for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board data change online. This guide will show you how to do it.
JAMB: Candidates are advised not to apply for change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME.
Please note that you can only do JAMB Change of Course/Institution after results of UTME have been released for checking.
All candidates who took part in the 2022 UTME and have one or more reasons to change are hereby notified. Below are the details to use in order to apply for the 2022 JAMB Change of Course and/or Institution.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has opened the portal for 2022 change of course or institution. The aim is to afford candidates the opportunity to effectively make changes to the earlier selected course or institution and other data.
Please note that JAMB change of course and institution can only be done once and candidates can only change to a course relative to their selected UTME Subject combination.
To know if the course you want to which you want to change is in line with your UTME subject combination, candidates can check online JAMB brochure.
Data Changes (Corrections) you can make on JAMB Portal:
- Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can be done more than once with separate payments)
Important: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin, etc. cost N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).
You can change the course or institution before writing UTME. After you write the UTME, you can only change when the change of course/institution window opens. To do it before the exam, visit a JAMB CBT center.
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution Closing Date
- Addresses of JAMB Offices in all States of Nigeria (Nationwide)
- JAMB Cut-off Marks for 2019/2020 Admission
- Post-UTME Cut-off Marks of all Schools
- Free Post-UTME Updates of your Schools
Why JAMB Candidates May Want To Change Course, and/or Institutions
Every year, candidates apply for JAMB change of course/institutions for a number of reasons. Top on the list is low UTME score – which may not be up to the school’s cut-off marks.
Other reasons candidates change their courses and institutions is incomplete O’ level results, mistakes during registration or even change of mind about the institution or courses previously chosen.
To go to JAMB online page to change your Course and/or institution, follow the steps below.
How Much Is JAMB Change of Institution or Course?
Changes for Course or Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (Two thousand five hundred Naira only).
JAMB Change of Course/Institution Procedure 2022
First of all, you need to go to any commercial bank or JAMB Offices to purchase the change of course/institution scratch card. The scratch card is being sold for N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).
Before you change your course or institution please make sure you check their Cut-off mark for admission. This way, you would know if your UTME score is enough.
- STEP 1: First of all, go to JAMB portal (see next paragraph), click the “Click here to proceed” link
- STEP 2: On that page, click “Click here to proceed” under Change of Course/Institution
- STEP 3: The next page has detailed instructions, read them and click the “Click here to begin” link
- STEP 4: A new page will open in a new tab/window (enter your e-mail address and password)
- STEP 5: Click the Login button to start your change of institution or course
STEP 1: Go to JAMB E-Facility Portal
Visit the general e-portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/. You will see a screen similar to the one below. Go to the “Correction of Data” section and click the “Click here to proceed” link.
STEP 2: Choose the Change of Course/Institution Tab
On this page, click “Click here to proceed” under Change of Course/Institution.
STEP 3: Step-by-Step JAMB Change of Course Procedure
You don’t need these steps until you have logged in to the e-facility portal. Therefore, we are making that the STEP 5 in this procedure.
STEP 4: Login to the Portal
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
STEP 5: Do your JAMB Change of Course & Institution
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and
- JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you don’t know which courses or schools to choose, check the list of schools, their courses and the cut-off marks for every course.
To do for previous years (2021, 2020 and years before),
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2021 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
2021 and years below can effect changes on their own without the CBT centre.
To other candidates who are still trying to decide what Institution to change to, you can check out these lists of educational institutions in Nigeria. Click applicable links below:
- For list of Federal Universities in Nigeria
- List of State Universities in Nigeria
- For list of Private Universities in Nigeria
- For list of Polytechnics in Nigeria
Closing Date For The Change?
The closing date for the chance of course/institution has not been announced by JAMB. We shall let you know IF this happens or open this page now:- JAMB Change of Course & Institution Closing Date.
What Is Wrong with the JAMB Change of Course/Institution Process?
Every year, we keep saying this. JAMB, NUC and the Ministry of Education should try to release the cut-off marks for the year before accepting applications for change of courses and change of institutions. This way, candidates would know the scores required by schools before choosing another institution during application.
Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges and other institutions should also endeavour to release their cut-off marks on time. They should released the marks before JAMB change of course/institution form comes out. This will help candidates choose school that can accept their JAMB scores.
What Can You Do?
You can still make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right institution. If you intend to change your course or institution, you can use the cut-off marks used by institutions for last admission as a guide. This way, you are still making informed decisions.
Note that institutions can decide to change their cut-off marks for the next admission.
Every year, after change of courses and application application close and Post-UTME screening starts. You can then start accepting or rejecting application on JAMB CAPS.
We wish you best of luck!!