📌 Don't miss your JAMB, UTME, Post-UTME, Admission List updates! Join us on WhatsApp

JAMB Change of Course, Institution 2023/2024 (Data Correction)

JAMB change of course and institution for 2023/2024 admission starts after results come out. Are you a Nigerian student planning to change your course or institution after taking the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!

In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at the JAMB change of course and institution process and everything you need to know to make a successful switch.

Firstly, it’s important to note that the JAMB change of course and institution process is only open to candidates who have already taken the JAMB exam and have been issued a JAMB registration number. If you fall into this category, you can change your course or institution by following the steps outlined by JAMB.

ALSO SEE: JAMB Change of Institution and Course Not Reflecting Update [See Solution].

Candidates should not to apply for change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME.


Please note that you can only do JAMB Change of Course/Institution after results of UTME have been released for checking.

All candidates who took part in the 2023 UTME and have one or more reasons to change are hereby notified. Below are the details to use in order to apply for the 2023 JAMB Change of Course and/or Institution.

JAMB Change of Course / Institution

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has opened the portal for 2023 change of course or institution. The aim is to afford candidates the opportunity to effectively make changes to the earlier selected course or institution and other data.

Please note that JAMB change of course and institution can only be done once and candidates can only change to a course relative to their selected UTME Subject combination.

To know if the course you want to which you want to change is in line with your UTME subject combination, candidates can check online JAMB brochure.

Data Changes (Corrections) you can make on JAMB Portal:

  1. Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  2. Passport Photograph Correction (You can only correct it once)
  3. Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
  4. UTME Subjects Correction (You can only correct it once)
  5. State/LGA Correction (You can only correct it once)
  6. Profile Correction (You can only correct it once)
  7. Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can be done more than once with separate payments)

Important: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin, etc. cost N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).

You can change the course or institution before writing UTME. After you write the UTME, you can only change when the change of course/institution window opens. To do it before the exam, visit a JAMB CBT center.

Must-see Information:

Why JAMB Candidates May Want To Change Course, and/or Institutions

Every year, candidates apply for JAMB change of course/institutions for a number of reasons. Top on the list is low UTME score – which may not be up to the school’s cut-off marks.

Other reasons candidates change their courses and institutions is incomplete O’ level results, mistakes during registration or even change of mind about the institution or courses previously chosen.

To go to JAMB online page to change your Course and/or institution, follow the steps below.

How Much Is JAMB Change of Institution or Course?

Changes for Course or Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (Two thousand five hundred Naira only).

JAMB Change of Course/Institution Procedure 2023

First of all, you need to go to any commercial bank or JAMB Offices to purchase the change of course/institution scratch card. The scratch card is sells for N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).

Before you change your course or institution please make sure you check their Cut-off mark for admission. This way, you would know if your UTME score is enough.

To begin, log on to the JAMB portal using your registration number and password. Once the site logs you in, select the “Correction of Data” option from the menu. From there, you’ll get directed to a page where you can change your course or institution. Follow the steps below to start.

  • STEP 1: First of all, go to JAMB portal (see next paragraph), click the “Click here to proceed” link
  • STEP 2: On that page, click “Click here to proceed” under Change of Course/Institution
  • STEP 3: The next page has detailed instructions, read them and click the “Click here to begin” link
  • STEP 4: A new page will open in a new tab/window (enter your e-mail address and password)
  • STEP 5: Click the Login button to start your change of institution or course

STEP 1: Go to JAMB E-Facility Portal

Visit the general e-portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/. You will see a screen similar to the one below. Go to the “Correction of Data” section and click the “Click here to proceed” link.

Go to JAMB E-Facility Portal

STEP 2: Choose the Change of Course/Institution Tab

On this page, click “Click here to proceed” under Change of Course/Institution.

The Change of Course/Institution Tab

STEP 3: Step-by-Step JAMB Change of Course Procedure

You don’t need these steps until you have logged in to the e-facility portal. Therefore, we are making that the STEP 5 in this procedure.

STEP 4: Login to the Portal

  1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
  2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
Login to the JAMB E-facility Portal

STEP 5: Do your JAMB Change of Course & Institution

  1. Once you log in, you will see a landing page where you will see all available services.
  2. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
  3. After selecting it, the menu item “Course/Institution” will show up. Click this.
  4. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
  5. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. You will get a copy of this transaction ID in your registered email address.
  6. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
  7. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
  8. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
  9. Once you complete payment, you will need to provide the following:
    • Year of Exam and
    • JAMB Registration Number
  10. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
  11. Click Submit to complete your application.
  12. JAMB will now process your application. On approval, your details will change as requested.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you don’t know which courses or schools to choose, check the list of schools, their courses and the cut-off marks for every course.

To do for previous years (2022, 2021, 2020 and years before),

  1. Visit JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
  2. Login with your Email and Password.
  3. Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2022 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
  4. From the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.

2022 and years below can effect changes on their own without the CBT centre.

To other candidates who are still trying to decide what Institution to change to, you can check out these lists of educational institutions in Nigeria. Click applicable links below:

JAMB advises candidates to change their courses or institutions at JAMB offices or accredited JAMB registration centres. Doing so at random centres is at the candidates risk.

Closing Date For The Change?

JAMB has not announced the closing date for the chance of course/institution yet. We shall let you know IF it happens or open this page now:- JAMB Change of Course & Institution Closing Date.

What Is Wrong with the JAMB Change of Course/Institution Process?

Every year, we keep saying this. JAMB, NUC and the Ministry of Education should try to release the cut-off marks for the year before accepting applications for change of courses and change of institutions. This way, candidates would know the scores required by schools before choosing another institution during application.

Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges and other institutions should also endeavour to release their cut-off marks on time. They should released the marks before JAMB change of course/institution form comes out. This will help candidates choose school that can accept their JAMB scores.

What Can You Do?

You can still make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right institution. If you intend to change your course or institution, you can use the cut-off marks used by institutions for last admission as a guide. This way, you are still making informed decisions.

Note that institutions can decide to change their cut-off marks for the next admission.

Every year, after change of courses and application application close and Post-UTME screening starts. You can then start accepting or rejecting application on JAMB CAPS.


When making changes, it’s important to note that certain restrictions apply. For example, you can only change your course or institution to one within the same category as your original choice. Additionally, you can only make changes once, so it’s important to ensure that your choices are right.

To avoid any issues or complications, seek guidance from a JAMB-accredited CBT center or contact JAMB directly if you have any questions or concerns.

In conclusion, the JAMB change of course and institution process can be a bit daunting, but it can be a seamless transition with the right guidance and understanding. Remember to follow the steps outlined by JAMB, seek guidance if needed, and ensure that your choices are the right ones. Good luck!

We wish you best of luck!!

Ahmed Ogundimu

Ahmed Ogundimu is a Web Designer and Developer, Digital Marketing Expert and SEO Manager. I enjoy finding solutions to problems and sharing same, hence the reason for creating www.ngscholars.com and some other websites I own. I work as a web developer at Sigmanox NG and also as the web administrator/editor at NGScholars. Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram


  1. Thanks for the information, and i have a question to ask, can i change my preferred choice of universties only?

    1. Of course you can do that but be sure the new University you are choosing offers the same course.

      Also, make sure you check the requirements of this new university for the course before you fill the change of institution form.

      For example, some Universities will accept Agricultural Science in place of Biology, while other will maintain it has to be biology.

  2. Sir,please which among the choices of the university is the most important,is it First choice or most preferred choice.Because I’m planning to change course in one of the choices.

  3. Admin…. my name is sunday, I wrote my jamb exam on the 8th of march and ever since then I have not seen my result, times without number I have tried checking it online but it always popping No Result Yet. Am so heart broken whenever I see people discussing issues on the exam and I can’t even make contribution. plz is there still hope for me or have jamb ceased my result. But not Whits standing I dont think i warrant such from them Especially when I know I maintain m diligence and honesty all through the exam and following my motto Read hard Pray Harder….

    1. Hello, a lot of people have complained about the 2016 JAMB results. I think you have to wait since you are only seeing “No Result Yet”.

      It should be released at some point. They will tell you the result has been withheld if that is what happened.

  4. Sir dose that wrote in auchi march11 jamb did nt send any text to them either some went tu check online..the funny thing nw nor of them reach 200 why this problem is coming from jamb..and i heard that all jamb 2016 candidate should go and re check their result by march18..how true is that

    1. JAMB UTME 2016 would have been completed by March 18. You may want to check on that day as you have been told.

  5. i scored 180 aspiring law now i want to change my curse to computer science will it be possible

    1. This depends on the school you are changing to, but many schools should accept 180 for Computer Science.

  6. Please ive written my post utme for unilag & i passed it but i need to change my course cause i didnt do further math in o level. How do i go about it?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.