There are schools that allow candidates write their Post-UTME without choosing them in JAMB registration. What this means is that you can can apply for the Post-UTME of these schools, even if you did not choose them during JAMB registration.
Candidates who have chosen other schools but are no lower sure of admission into those schools can explore this option. Every year, these schools will put up adverts and let you know if you can apply even if you have not chosen them during JAMB registration.
Some Reasons You Might Want To Write Post-UTME of Schools You Didn’t Choose During UTME Registration — 2016/2017
- You probably want to seek admission admission into a school you did not make as a choice in UTME because your location has changed or will change soon. This might change your preference.
- Some schools informed their candidates that some courses they had chosen would no longer be available. They then informed candidates who have chosen those courses to go for some other courses. If this is the course you want, you may want to change your choice of institution.
- You may want to sit for the Post-UTME screening of a school you did not choose during JAMB registration because the one you chose disappointed you. For example, FUNAAB increased the Post-UTME cut-off mark to 200. Many candidates were expecting them to use 180 like they usually did in the past. Also, UNILAG recently increased their Cut-off marks.
Schools That Allow You Write Their Post-UTME Without Choosing Them in JAMB
Since Post-UTME screening for the 2016/2017 admission has not started, we will only provide you with the list for 2015/2016. These means that you will see schools that allowed candidates that did not choose them in JAMB to come for their Post-UTME screening. These are schools you should be keeping tabs on.
We will continue to update this list as soon as Post-UTME for 2016/2017 starts. You may want to subscribe to our updates so that you don’t miss this information. The names of the schools are as follows;
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho (LAUTECH)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Institute of Management Technology, Enugu (IMT)
- Afe Babalola University, Kado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye (OOU)
- Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
- Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU)
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE)
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) — Confirmed for 2016/2017 Admission.
As promised earlier, we will continue to update this post.
If you are interested in exploring this option, please know that you still need to meet the admission requirements of these schools. You must meet their O’level requirements as well as UTME cut-off marks. If you do not meet their requirements, do not even bother to apply unless otherwise stated by the school.
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.