University of Nigeria Nsukka, UNN JUPEB admission form for 2020/2021 academic session is out on sale. With this, you get Direct Entry admissions into 200 Level at University of Nigeria, Nsukka and other JUPEB-affiliated universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
Candidates with JUPEB qualified results have the opportunity to apply for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level in the Universities affiliated to JUPEB without sitting for JAMB UTME.
University of Nigerian Nsukka JUPEB Programme
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) invites application from suitably qualified members of the public for Admission into the university Joint University Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) programme for 2020/2021 session.
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria.
JUPEB is, as at now, recognized by Federal universities in Southern Nigeria such as University of Lagos (Unilag), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan (U.I.), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU), Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), University of Ilorin, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), University of Port Harcourt, and University of Calabar. We expect that very soon more Universities will join the Board.
Meanwhile, the affiliated institutions have set up programmes to train candidates on the syllabus of the Board in subjects relevant to course intended to study. For example, Physics/Chemistry/Biology for medical courses, Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for engineering courses, etc. The charges for the programme vary from institution to institution. The actual charges for the programme can be obtained at the website of the institution or through an inquiry at the institution.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point). Three subjects are offered by each candidate. Combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, University of Ibadan can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means, they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts). Like Cambridge A/Level, the results of JUPEB do not expire. You can always use it to apply into same or another institution the following year.
Candidates with JUPEB results can apply to JAMB for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level instead of the 100 Level for UTME.
UNN JUPEP Admission Requirements for 2020/2021
Eligible candidates must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidates desired course of study in the University
How may years does the programme take to complete? The duration of the UNN JUPEB programme is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
Subject Combinations for UNN JUPEB Program – 2020/2021
- History/literature/Christian Rel. Studies (HLCRS),
- Economics/History/Lit – in- English (EHL),
- History/Igbo/CRS (HICRS),
- Igbo/Lit-in-English/CRS (ILCRS),
- History/Igbo/French (HIF) etc.
- Government/Economics/Mathematics (GEM),
- Govt/Economics/Geography (GEG),
- Literature/Economic/Geography (LEG),
- Biology/Economics/Government (BEG),
- Govt/Lit/CRS (GLCRS),
- Biology/Govt/CRS (BGCRS) etc.
- Business Studies/Accounting/Mathematics (BAM),
- Mathematics/Accounting/Geography (MAG),
- Government/Economics /Mathematics (GEM) etc.
- Agric Science/Biology/Chemistry (ABC),
- Agric Science/Biology/Chemistry (ABE),
- Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM),
- Physics/Geography/Mathematics (PGM),
- Physics/Economics/Mathematics (PEM).
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Arts , Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Sciences courses in all JUPEB-affiliated universities in Nigeria including University of Nigeria. Nsukka
How to Apply for UNN JUPEB (Supplementary) for 2020/2021 Academic Session (Method 0f Application)
Pay the application fee of N20,000.00 through Remita payment platform at any bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a remita number; the invoice printout will enable you to make your payment at the bank. (Please note that Bank charges apply and must be paid)
- Visit unnportal.unn.edu.ng/
- Click on the fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms
- Click on Generate Payment Invoice under JUPEB
- Enter your telephone number and click on submit
- Enter your Surname, First name, Middle name and click on submit
- Print out your invoice and proceed to the bank
- After making payments at the bank visit the portalunnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Click on the Fill JUPEB, Inter University FormsClick on fill Joint Universities Preliminary Admissions Board programme
- Enter your Remita # and click on submit
- Fill the form and attach your passport
- Color passport photograph with white background.
- The passport photograph must be recent (not earlier than 3 months before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than 100KB.
- Complete the form and click on submit
- Print out your acknowledgment slip:
Application Closing Date:
Submission of University of Nigeria Nsukka, UNN JUPEB admission forms ends on 6th November, 2020.
Other General Information:
i. Applicants into 2020/2021 preliminary programme are advised to be checking our website from time to time for the actual date of the entrance examination and other relevant information.
ii. All candidates are required to register for 2019 direct entry UTME during the programme.
iii. All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
iv. The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
v. Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate
For further enquiries, call: 09098127029, 08096854714. E-mail: [email protected]
Do you want to ask any question or comment this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask! CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok
Don't want to miss an update?Join over 143,000 Facebook Followers | Join over 29,000 Twitter Followers | Join over 26,000 Email Subscribers
Do you want to ask any question about this post? Ask and get very fast answers on NGScholars Ask!CLICK HERE to go to the forum! . Click on Login and login with Facebbok.