Apply for the WMF Scholarships for developing country students
The Wells Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
The Wells Mountain Foundation, a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, funds scholarships for individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty.
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Field(s) of study:
All fields of study but fields such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business are favored.
Number of Scholarships:
50 – 60 scholarships per year.
Citizens of developing countries
Scholarships range from $300.US to a rare high of $3000.US to cover part of tuition and fees, books and materials, room rent and meals.
They do not fund the following:
– education at a college, polytechnic or university in the United States, UK, Australia, or Europe with some exceptions
– Masters or Doctorate degrees. A medical degree, however, is acceptable.
– laptop computers, conferences or trips
– debts or past due tuition bills
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
– successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
– will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
– plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
– has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
– may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
– submits a complete, legible 2022 application in English
Applications are done by submitting the application form together with required documents. Applications must be received by 1 March 2022 to be considered for the 2022/2023 school year. Applicants will be notified if they have been selected as a WMF Scholarship student.
It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/?page_id=699