FUTA Postgraduate admission form for 2018/2019 academic session application is out on sale at spgs.futa.edu.ng. The Federal University of Technology, Akure SPGS has announced on their website that the 2018/2019 PG admission application form is now available.
LATEST UPDATE: Application Deadline Extended; SALE OF FUTA POSTGRADUTAE FORMS FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 31ST JANUARY, 2019. APPLY NOW!
Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) has Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology
(M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate
(iii) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
Duration of FUTA Postgraduate Programmes
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes
- Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional
Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty- four (24) months.
(ii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty- four (24)
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved
(iii) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72)
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions into the University.
How To Apply For FUTA Postgraduate Admission For 2018/2019 Academic Session
METHODS OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http://portal.spgs.futa.edu.ng/) using the e-tranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Go to PG Portal and verify the payment on the link for “Application payment” using the Confirmation code from the bank
- Click on the Application Form link to fill the FUTA postgraduate form
Note: Application payments can be made nationwide at any bank branch that is on etranzact platfom. Please note that you do not need any account number to pay for the Application Form, just indicate on your teller that you want to pay for FUTA Postgraduate Application Form.
Specifically, Ph. D candidates should send their Research Proposal to [email protected] using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement:
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES,
ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF…..……. THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY,
P.M.B. 704, AKURE,
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.
Application Closing Date
FUTA Postgraduate admission application forms will be available for completion for six (6) weeks beginning from Monday, 8th October, 2018.