FUTA Postgraduate admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session application is now available for sale. The Federal University of Technology, Akure SPGS has announced on its website that the 2023/2024 PG admission application form for its various Postgraduates programmes is now available. See the requirements, and how to apply for FUTA Postgraduate form below.
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph. D Programmes) for the 2023/2024 academic session.
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate
i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant discipline.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least a Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good bachelor’s degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- A good bachelor’s degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least a Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.)
- For M. Phil. in the advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Master’s degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
FUTA Postgraduate Programmes Duration
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- Part-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and thirty-six (36) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes
- M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to the PhD programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) months.
How to Apply for FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates should process their application online at the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng),(www.arcsstee.org.ng), and (afrigist.org) using the REMITA method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (PhD), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Specifically, PhD candidates should send their Research Proposal to [email protected] using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
- Non–FUTA graduates are requested to print out Transcript Label attached to the Application Form and request their institutions to forward their official academic transcripts to the address below with the Transcript Label (indicating the target Department) latest SIX (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF……….
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.
- ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WITHOUT TRANSCRIPT LABELS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- APPLICATION FORM AND ACCEPTANCE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION: Application closing date has not been announced.